TOP 10 REASONS AMERICAN PHAROAH WINS THE TRIPLE CROWN
In a belated tribute to David Letterman, we are going to give you the top 10 reasons why American Pharoah will win the Belmont Stakes on June 6 and become horse racing’s 12th Triple Crown winner.
10. It’s in his blood-his grandpappy, Empire Maker won the Belmont Stakes in 2003 so we know in is in his heritage to get the mile and a half.
9. The Jock Rocks-Rider Victor Espionoza is not only great in the irons but also a great guy. Twice he has gone for the Crown and failed- third time is a charm.
8. Fresh as a daisy- Yes, we know three races at three different distances at three different tracks in a five week span is tough, but Pharoah has only raced four times this year and has kept his weight on and eats like a teenage boy.
7. He survived the bounce-The sporting law of averages tells us every athlete has a bad day. Since losing the first race of his career, Pharoah has not tasted defeat. After an unbelievable Arkansas Derby he was not on his “A” game at Churchill Downs, but he still won the Kentucky Derby.
6. Class kicks a##- Like in any sport, some athletes are just better than others. That does not mean on any given day, but let’s face it, how often does Spinks beat Ali? Pharoah is the real deal and his raw ability is better than most.
5. Front end speed- Some horses rely on things happening in order for them to win. American Pharoah has the serious speed to either dictate the pace and then run away or lay just off and then make a huge move and in the mile and a half Belmont that could be critical.
4. The ZZ Top factor- Like that little band from Texas, Pharoah is bad and nationwide. Let the concerns about him handling the Belmont track be put to rest. His six lifetime wins have come on five different tracks.
3. Law of large numbers-Every sport is about numbers and nothing lasts forever. The Triple Crown drought is due to end. Yes it is tough to pull it off, but like playing the roulette wheel, bet a number long enough and eventually it will fall.
2 Bob Baffert –As arguably the top conditioner in the game, Baffert knows how to win on the big stage. He has been here before with 3 other colts and he will have Pharoah ready.
1. Forrest Gump logic- “Because you told me to drill sergeant” I told American Pharoah he is going to win the Triple Crown. Now hopefully he will not be like my children. We know he has great hearing so hopefully he heard me and will do something they don’t always do…listen!