KENTUCKY DERBY 143 THOUGHTS RUN RAMPANT
We have long established some facts about life. You can pick your friends and you can pick your clothes. Question is can you pick the winner of the Kentucky Derby.
The prospects for Kentucky Derby 143 are quite numerous. In a race as wide open as any Derby in recent memory, there are a number of ways you could go here. That means we could have some major pay outs with no overwhelming favorite. Following are a list of the likely runners and a thought on each. If you gotta hunch bet a bunch…back your horse and get paid!
- Girvin- Louisiana Derby winner that has questions surrounding his health
- Classic Empire-Juvenile champ looks ready to rock after big run in Arkansas
3.Gormley- Versatile and well trained Santa Anita Derby winner with a chance.
4,Irap-One career win but was in Bluegrass Stakes so he’s coming in right
- Irish War Cry-Wood Memorial winner that has only lost once in 5 career starts
- Always Dreaming-Regally bred Florida Derby winner that makes you think
- Gunnevera-Comes from off the pace and looked great before Florida Derby
- Practical Joke- 6 starts, 3 wins,2 seconds 1 third means he is always in the $$$
- J Boys Echo-smaller horse bigger heart means he has a chance with a good trip
- State of Honor- Canadian bred colt that has been bridesmaid in 4 of 7 starts
- Tapwrit-Looked like Tarzan in Tampa Derby, ran like Jane in Bluegrass Stakes
- Hence-Looked strong in Sunland Derby win and comes in under the radar
13.-Fast and Accurate-Needs to be both if the Spiral Stakes winner wants a chance
- McCraken- 3 wins at Churchill and an amazing turn of foot makes him tough
- Battle of Midway-West coast speedster that should be out front for a little bit
16.- Patch-Did not race at 2 and has a win and a second place at 3…a little green
17.- Untrapped-Winless but had enough points from 7 career starts
18.- Looking at Lee-Seems to always finish strong just hasn’t gotten there of late
- Sonneteer-More starts (10) than anyone in the field and no wins
- Thunder Snow-Irish bred horse from Dubai that has won last three starts